Vitamin A is conclusively proven in 1996 to be capable of reprogramming skin cells by normalising skin functions, and it corrects skin conditions as below:
- Normalises blood flow and helps reduce rosacea
- Increases the rate of scar healing
- Optimises your UV protection
- Decreases clustering of melanin granules, which reduces sun spots and pigmentation
- Decreases sebum production and treats acne effectively
- Promotes a healthy cellular membrane
- Improves skin hydration levels inside out
1 tbsp olive oil
450g carrots, cut into chunks
1 peeled onion, chopped
2 small potatoes, cut into chunks
5 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
Small piece of ginger, about 5-6cm long, peeled and finely chopped
1.5 litres vegetable or chicken stock
Leaves of 10-12 sprigs of fennel
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add onion, garlic and ginger. Saute them until onion starts to soften.
2. Add vegetables with the stock and bring to a boil.
3. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes until carrots are very soft.
4. Take off the heat, cool down for 10 minutes, add fennel leaves and blend till smooth. Serve warm with crusty bread or chilled in a Gazpacho style.